What Kind of Commercial Property Insurance Options Should I Consider?

One of the biggest misconceptions in the world of commercial insurance is if you rent your property you don’t need to invest in property insurance. That, however, is not the case. While the property owner has insurance that protects the property in the event of damage, it does not cover what is inside of the building. Due to this, if you sustain damage to hardware, your merchandise, or other equipment within the building, you will likely need to pay for it out of pocket. That is why commercial property insurance is critical. If you run a business around metro Austin, TX, the team at Austinite Insurance Agency LLC can help you select what insurance options are right for you. 

Own the Property

When you own your property, there is a very specific kind of property insurance you will want. This covers the physical building of your business. This way, if something happens to the building itself, you will have it covered, although you should talk with your insurance provider about flood and earthquake insurance to see if you’re protected. 

Inside the Property

Regular property insurance does not often protect the actual contents of what is inside the building. Due to this, you’ll want to find insurance that protects the property as well. This way, you can protect your machinery, merchandise, and everything else that is located within the building. 

No matter the kind of business you run, it is crucial for you to invest in the right commercial insurance. Commercial property insurance will safeguard the investments you’ve made inside of the property, ranging from equipment to saved merchandise. If you run your business around the greater Austin, TX area, Austinite Insurance Agency LLC is here and can help you. Reach out to our office to get a quote and have your questions answered.